Drive application: Bus positioning and extended bus positioning
The bus positioning module is suitable for positioning applications with a variable number of target positions.
“Bus Positioning” is available in two versions – complete or reduced function:
- “Bus Positioning” with three (3) process data and variable preset of target position and speed.
- “Extended Positioning via Bus” with six (6) process data and variable preset of target position, speed, and ramp.
Bus positioning applications can be found in the following sectors:
- Materials handling
- Rail vehicles
- Storage and retrieval units
- Transverse carriages
- Palletizing / handling
- Multi-axis handling robots
No matter how large the variety of applications for table positioning, the wide range of functions provided by the application module provides the right solution for every task.
- Any number of target positions can be defined and selected by means of a fieldbus/system bus.
- The positioning speed can be selected as required using the bus.
- Software limit switches can be defined and evaluated.
- Either incremental encoders or absolute encoders can be evaluated as external encoders.
- Simple connection to the master controller (PLC).
- Guided startup and diagnostics.
Advantages at a glance:
- User-friendly user interface.
- Users only need to enter the parameters for bus positioning (reduction ratios, speeds, diameters).
- Guided parameter setting process instead of complicated programming.
- Monitor mode for optimum diagnostics.
- Users do not need any programming experience.
- Rapid familiarization with the system.
The application module “Bus Positioning” or “Extended Positioning via Bus” is a component of the MOVITOOLS® software for the application version of MOVIDRIVE® B. A user-friendly interface guides you through the process of setting the parameters. All you have to do is enter the parameters you need for your application: for example, reduction ratios, travel speeds, driving diameters, and target positions. The application module uses this information to create the control program and loads it into the inverter.